Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Torch

Somewhere down the street from my flat, there lies a factory that releases fire every night. What are they burning? What is the purpose? I feel like I'd like to investigate, and I might just do that. But for now, I sit back and enjoy watching the Torch and think about what it could symbolize for me. Hmmmm... Ok, first it reminds me of the Holocaust (Don't worry! It's not that!) but thinking about the Holocaust makes me think of big things... of standing up for what's right and what you believe in no matter the cost. I also feel like I'm carrying a torch here in this place where people just don't seem to care about a man named Jesus Christ and His Gospel that brings Salvation to all who believe. I can't wait to spread that fire and passion for the Good News.

In other news, I taught my first class! I start most of the rest of my classes next week at a nearby Elementary School.

Story Time:
Alyssa and I had a meeting with the Elementary School's principal. We got there early and waited... waited... waited... no one came to get us. So, we tried to talk to the secretary... no English. So, we called our boss to translate. The secretary got someone to walk us to a different building and dropped us off in a big auditorium filled with people. There wasn't an empty seat in the place! The presentation was in Czech, so we just stood in the back hoping that someone would talk to us afterward. Well, in the middle of her presentation, the principal stops everything, puts down the microphone and walks to the very back of the auditorium towards us... every head turns... all eyes on us... then she asks, "Are you with Fishnet?" haha, so we walk in front and get introduced in Czech then told to sit down. At the end of the presentation she comes over to us and says, "Do you have any questions?" Oh my... where do I start?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh to be a pipe cleaner......STAY FLEXIBLE. Love ya, House.

    ReplyDelete